We know that caring for a disabled child can be very challenging. We can help.
The products we source and supply help make life a bit easier for a parent, and more fulfilling for their child. We specialise in finding those unusual items, including many specially designed for disabled children with specific needs. Our products are simple solutions to complex problems, and if we don't stock a product ourselves, we can point you in the direction of someone who does.
We want a society where parents of disabled children have access to affordable, good quality products which:
Help Improve the life of their child & Help make their own lives a little easier
Our Products Include
· Raincovers for wheelchair users giving top to toe rain protection
· Sleepsuits which make it dificult for children to take their clothes off
· Backpacks with reins which are useful for children who don't like holding hands
· Age-appropriate bibs and neckerchiefs for children of all ages
· Absorbent pants
· Waterproof sheet and mattress protectors
· Cutlery and crockery which help disabled children eat and drink independently
· Elastic laces which turn lace up shoes into slip ons
What Does Fledglings Do?
We listen to the needs of families of disabled children and source and sell products that meet their child's specific needs. All our products are carefully tested, and we are constantly on the look-out for new products that might improve the lives of disabled children and their families.
All of our products are available by mail order. To request a copy of our product brochure, just phone or email us giving your name and address and we will send you one. You then choose the product you want, order and pay for it, and we send it to you. Or, if you are not sure what product you might need, our experienced staff can help guide you in the right direction.
Fledglings is a charity, so our products are priced to try to make make them affordable to anyone who needs them. Many of them are subsidised, or sold at cost price, and any surplus that Fledglings makes is invested back into the charity, helping us to help more disabled children and their families.