Weighted Shoulder Wrap
The Weighted Shoulder Wrap is ideal for use in the classroom, at reading time, at the dinner table or in the car. Has a calming effect helping attention span and reducing excessive fidgeting. Can be an effective therapeutic solution for those with a sensory issues such as Autism. They can provide a soothing sensory stimulus through pressure on the body, similar to the feeling of being held, hugged or cuddled. This can have a calming effect, helping to relieve stress and anxiety.
Weight is provided by plastic beads sewn into an inner lining for additional strength and comfort. The Weighted Wrap is CE marked and registered as a class 1 medical device. Made in the UK from durable poly-cotton outer with an inner lining.Â
Always use with adult supervision.
Important Information on weighted products
- Always consult with an Occupational Therapist or health professional before using a weighted wrap or other weighted product. Weighted products should be used with suitable supervision at all time
- They are not suitable for very young children
- Use the correct weight of product, we would suggest that a weighted wrap for exampleÂ does not exceed 10% of the users body weight.Â Please consult an Occupational Therapist or Health Professional if you are unsure.
- The person using the weighted product should be able to remove it at all times; this is essential to prevent them becoming uncomfortable or over heated. Do not roll someone up into a weighted blanket or wrap under any circumstances.
- Weighted products are not suitable for people with certain conditions such as epilepsy, heart conditions, breathing difficulties or circulatory problems.
- The user should not be left under a weighted blanket or product over night as they can become overheated and uncomfortable.Â
It is essential that the child is able to self remove any weighted product if they become uncomfortable
Weighted products should always be used with adult supervision.
Colour: Blue or Red
Dimensions: 100cm x 21cm